The family of an engineer killed while working on a moving walkway at Waterloo station have paid tribute to “a hardworking, loving father”.
Christian Tuvi, 44, died in the early hours of Wednesday while repairing a walkway at the London Underground interchange.
Emergency services were called to the station shortly after 02:20 BST but he died at the scene.
Mr Tuvi, from Cambridgeshire, had a partner and three young children.
The engineer was also a member of the Army Reserve based at City of London Field Hospital.
Speaking on behalf of the family, solicitor Charlotte Rankin said: “The family have been left devastated by the death of Christian.
“He was a hardworking, loving father, and the last thing they expected when he went to work last Wednesday was that they would have a knock on the door from the police to tell them that he had been involved in such a horrific incident, with such tragic consequences.
“The family have welcomed calls from the mayor for a full investigation to take place, and it is their hope that any lessons learnt from what occurred are acted upon with urgency to ensure nothing like this happens again moving forward.
“They would like to express their gratitude to everyone who has demonstrated their support to date, and to those who are keeping them in their prayers at this difficult time.”
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said an urgent inquiry was “vital” to ensure such an incident did not happen again.
Managing director of London Underground Vernon Everitt said transport bosses were “fully supporting the urgent investigations being carried out by the Office of Rail and Road and the British Transport Police”.
“It is absolutely vital that we understand how this happened and ensure that it never happens again,” he said.
A man found dead in north-west London was killed in a drive-by shooting, police said.
The 24-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound in Malden Road, Kentish Town, late on Sunday.
CCTV revealed two people on a moped had pulled up to the victim, pulled out a gun and fired at close range. The man died at the scene.
An eyewitness described how he tried to perform CPR on the man with the help of a 999 operator.
Will, who did not want to give his full name, said: “There were a number of people around him when I got down there, but nobody was doing anything.
“With the aid of the operator on the phone, I performed CPR. But I think he was already dead then.”
Officers said they were keen to trace people who had been in a Toyota Prius, a Ford Focus and a motorbike in the area at the time.
The man’s next of kin have been informed and post-mortem tests are due to be held on Tuesday, police said.
Det Ch Insp Simon Stancombe, from the Met Police, said: “Everything we have found out so far points to this being a drive-by shooting.”
He urged eyewitnesses or anyone with dashcam footage to contact the force.
The killing was the second fatal shooting in less than 12 hours in London.
A man in his 20s was shot dead in Sydenham, south-east London, on Sunday afternoon.